Depending on your reasons for traveling to Belgium, there is a number of visa categories that may be applicable to your scenario. As a Thai citizen, you will have to first properly evaluate your reasons for traveling and then apply for the appropriate Belgium Schengen visa prior to the start of your adventure.
Belgium is a part of the Schengen Area. This area is a zone of 26 European countries where internal borders were abolished in an effort to establish free and unrestricted movement of people, goods, services and capital. In practice, this means that nationals of non-member countries, including Thai citizens, are only required to obtain a single Schengen visa that will allow them free access to all member countries.
Schengen Visa Categories
|“A” category||Airport transit visa|
|“B” category||Transit visa|
|“C” category||Short term visa (single, double and multiple) – for tourism|
|“D” category||Long stay/national visa|
Where to Apply
As a general rule, the application for the visa must be filed in person directly with the Embassy of Belgium in Bangkok. Appointment scheduling handled by VFS Global Belgium. Make sure you lodge your visa application ahead of time (at least three months before the planned start of your journey) to avoid disappointment and unnecessary costs.
- Completed and signed application form
- Travel document (e.g. a passport), valid for at least three months from the date on which you intend to leave the SCHENGEN territory, or, in the case of multiple journeys, the date on which you intend to leave it for the last time. This document must also contain at least two blank pages and have been issued less than 10 years ago.
- Supporting documents indicating the purpose and outline of your trip to Belgium
- Sufficient and clear accommodation details
- Sufficient financial means to support yourself during the duration of the trip
- Documents showing strong ties to your home country and genuine intention to leave Belgium upon completion of trip
- Valid travel health insurance for travel in the Schengen countries
Interactive Visa Assistance
- Professional review and examination of your case and expert advice on proceeding
- Complete filing of all required forms and compilation of application package
- Providing accurate checklist of required documents to be submitted for the visa category
- Scheduling of your appointment at the Belgium Embassy in Bangkok
- Review and preparation of all required documents prior to submission
- Specialist supervision and consultation of every step of the application process and after
The short term Schengen visa is valid for the territory of all Schengen countries and entitles the holder to stay in the Schengen area for a maximum of 90 days within a six-month period starting from the date of the first entry into the area (unless stated otherwise on the visa sticker).
Short term visa – 90 days within a six-month period
Short term visa – 15 working days
Long stay visa – 6 months